5 Step Content Strategy for a Professional Social Media Presence
By Scotti Ian Ogden
Owner of Ogden Contracting LTD.
Generate More Leads, Build Social Media Credibility for your Construction Company with This Simple Content Strategy Plan.
Construction companies are one of the hardest industries to market through social media.However, having social media accounts for your company doesn’t just advertise your services, it builds credibility for your work, potential client trust and social ties in the industry. Having a professional online presence allows potential customers to see behind the scenes of traditional marketing, they get exposure to who we are, what we do and how we work on a more intimate level.
Some business owners in the construction industry shy away from the internet community because it can seem overwhelming. I only started an online presence for my company in the last year because I’m in my forties, I don’t know how to use these platforms strategically. I have done extensive research on how to use media to market and build credibility. I have condensed my research into this simple exercise to help you kickstart your social media presence.
If you want to start an online presence for your company to generate more leads, and create credibility, then start by using this simplified content strategy. It doesn’t have to be so complicated.
5 Step Content Strategy
1. Create Content Topics
Content topics cover what you want to share with your potential customer. These topics are what tell your story. You can include informative infographics, trending topics and interactive and educational content. Make a list of 10 different content topics you want to post about.
Examples of Content Topics for a Construction Company:
- Your Values
- Your Processes
- Your Services
- Project Updates
- Day-to-Day Activities
- Your Team
- Your Story
2. Posting Style
To simplify things, you can repeat the posts you’ve listed in Content Topics on rotation. You need a balance of each of the 10 topics listed above, as well as an assorted style of posting to create variety. This demonstrates the diversity of your company. Pair the Content Topics with a Posting Style
Examples of Posting Styles for a Construction Company:
- Photos & Collage
- Shorts or Reels
- How-to or DIY’s
- Product / Brand Partnership
3. Monitoring Content
Monitoring your content regularly will give you insights on what your audience likes, what content is favored. Make it a weekly task to check insights on your posts. You will want to monitor other people’s content as well to gather insights on what is going viral.
Listed below are three main things to monitor when adjusting your content strategy. With the information gathered, continue to improve your online profile.
- Relevant keywords: What keywords are being consistently used in construction posts?
- Key Influencers: What are key influencers posting or talking about that’s driving the industry trends?
- Industry Tends: What photos, videos or blogs often come up regarding construction?
- Hashtag Trends: What are some hashtag trends or challenges that keep popping up regarding construction?
- Follow Profiles: What are they posting and how do they engage with their customers?
- Their Promotions: Do they have discounts or special offers? How are they attracting their customers?
- Engagement Levels: Watch their likes, comments, and shares. How are they engaging with their customers?
- Identify Gaps: Where are they not offering or delivering exceptional service to their Customers?
- Mentions and Comments: Look at their mentions and comments. What is the satisfaction level of their customers?
Comments and Mentions:
- Monitoring Tools: What are people saying about your brand that may help stay up-to-date with potential customers?
- Responses: How are you responding to all mentions and comments in a timely and professional manner to potential customers?
- Offer Advice: How are you offering personalized advice on comments and mentions to your potential customers?
- Promote your Services: How are you promoting your construction services in response to mentions and comments?
- Potential Partnerships: Can you identify potential partnerships who are mentioned on social media?
The more you engage on social media, the more engagement your content will receive.
Make sure you respond to comments and inquiries. Keep conversations flowing.
Here are some ways you can keep engagement flowing:
Participate in Construction Groups
- Join a Construction Related Group: What new groups can you join on a monthly Basis?
- Ask and Answer Questions: How can you participate in an open discussion with questions and answers?
- Share Case Studies: What interesting stories or research can you share about Construction?
- Promote your Services: How can you creatively share who you are and what you do as a contractor?
Offer Free Resources
- Create Informative Blog Posts: What information can you share on construction related Topics?
- Provide Checklist or Guides: Do you have any checklist or guides you can share on Construction?
- Host Webinars: What information can you share on a webinar regarding contracting and construction?
- Offer Free Consultations: What information are you willing to give up for free to consult with others?
Engage with Other People
- Respond to Comments: How are you responding to everyone’s comments in a timely Manner?
- Use Direct Messaging: Do you use direct messages to respond to others relating to Construction?
- Offer Free Resources: What free resources are you willing to talk about with people in Construction?
- Q&A Sessions: Do you have 20 to 30 minutes once a month to answer questions related to construction?
I recommend taking detailed notes as you create social media platforms. Take notes while monitoring content, and interacting with others. Analyze your competitors’ audience, including demographics, location, and interests. This will help you identify which platforms and content are generating the most engagement and leads. Take notes and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Creating a strong online presence will increase awareness of your brand and help you reach a wider audience. Social media can help your business grow exceptionally, allowing you to engage with new potential customers.
Thank You for Reading. If you found this helpful, let us know. Don’t hesitate to reach out with further questions. If you’re interested in reading more blog posts, follow us on instagram or facebook for updates on new content.